2017 All Stars Commitment Form
Sign up for All StarsUpdated Friday April 21, 2017 by North Lake Little League.
Dear North Lake Little League Parents,
We hope your child is enjoying the season, learning new skills and meeting new friends. Every year, North Lake Little League is proud to compete in the District 8 All Star Tournament. The All Star rosters are comprised of the eligible players that competed during league play at the Minors, Majors and Junior levels. All Stars is a tremendous honor and fantastic experience for the players, families, and coaches as well.
The teams are selected from players who submit a commitment form, then through a selection process by peers and/or coaches. It is a significant commitment for the coaches, players and parents. Beginning from the time of announcements of player placement through the end of the District 8 All Star Tournament (see starting tournament dates below), players must commit to:
1. Up to 2 daily practices
2. No scheduled vacation, participation in other sports, camps or any other activities or commitments that will interfere with their attendance at practices and games.
3. Additional team events and activities
If you are interested in being considered for an All Star team, please carefully review the expectations with your player, then complete the attached commitment form and return it to the NLLL All Star Coordinator, Tennille Marx (firstname.lastname@example.org), or to your coach by Friday, May 5th. You can also find the commitment form on the NLLL site.
All Star teams will be announced and posted on our league website on June 5th, unless tournament dates require otherwise.
District 8 All Star Tournaments Begin (ALL DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Baseball 9/10: June 24th
Baseball 10/11: June 24th
Baseball 11/12: June 30th
Baseball Juniors: July 1st
Softball 9/10: July 5th
Softball 10/11: July 7th
Softball Majors: June 17th
Softball Juniors: June 17th
Please note that teams may also decide to participate in a practice tournament prior to the District 8 tournament.
Again, in order to be eligible and considered for an All Star Team, this form MUST be returned to your regular season coach by May 5th. No exceptions! If you have any questions about All Stars or the process, please talk to your coach.
1. Not every Player that completes the All-Star Application and Commitment Form is selected for a team. Only a select few players are chosen from each regular season team.
2. All-Star selections will be announced June 4th and posted on the NLLL website.
3. You must have played in 60% of your team’s regular season games to be eligible to participate.
4. There is other very thorough Proof of Residency and Proof of Age requirements as mandated by Little League Baseball. You must have an original Birth Certificate, along with proof of residency documents, which will be collected and held for the duration of the tournament.
It is the intention of North Lake Little League to field the best and most competitive All-Star teams as possible to represent our League. We have what we believe is the fairest system possible for selecting the teams – including both player’s ballots and input from the Managers of each team. Tournament brackets and schedules will be posted at http://www.d8umpires.org/tournaments/?type=d starting in July.
All-Star Program Expectations
1. Players and parents will be spending a significant amount of time together beginning June 5th.
· Families plan events, carpools, and support for the team as requested by the coach.
· All-Star tournament games can be scheduled for any day or night of the week, with travel required.
· Pre-game warm-up activities can include batting cages and/or on-field workouts
· Everyone is required to be on time, well rested, properly nourished, and ready to play.
2. Players must agree to be available for all practices (minimum 2 hrs/day, 6 days/wk), games, and team activities beginning June 4th.
3. Teams may also participate in “practice” tournament(s) prior to the actual District 8 tournament.
4. Players will commit to represent the NLLL as follows:
· Become better baseball player, open to developing quickly through coachability and commitment and give 100% at every game and practice.
· Restrict high-risk activities, eat healthy and hydrate, and get plenty of sleep during the All-Star season.
· Encourage and support teammates in every situation.
· Exemplify high standards of sportmanship and integrity. Disrespect toward coaches, teammates, umpires or parents will not be tolerated. Showboating successes or displays of temper with disappointment will not be tolerated.
|All Star Commitment Form 2017.pdf|